Well, we all know how important is a Facebook page for all brands and businesses- be it small, medium or large. Almost all internet users use social networking sites these days and as we all know, Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites out there. So it’s a must for every business or brand- small or big to have a Facebook page of their own.
It’s extremely important for all businesses and brands to have an online presence. While some methods of creating an online presence may cost you money (for example building and operating your own website), there are many other methods of creating an online presence for your brand/business at almost free of cost- one of the best methods is starting a Facebook page for your brand or business.
A Facebook page can be started for free. You don’t need to pay any money for it. You just need to log-in to your account, entering some basic details, upload the logo, and/or cover picture and it’s done.
Concept of Facebook Page Likes
Whenever a Facebook user lands on your Facebook page, he has an option to ‘Like’ your page. If the user likes your page, he will get notifications when you update your page every time in the future. On the fans profile as well, it will display that he has liked your page. It’s plain common sense that if your page has lots of likes then definitely the reach of your page is far and wide. It means you have lots of dedicated and loyal fans and followers. It also helps you to reach out to your fans and followers all at ones and also engage with them on a one-to-one basis if required. Apart from these benefits, it also creates a positive outlook or impact on your brand.
Effective Strategies for Increase Facebook Page Likes
There are many methods and strategies which you can use to increase Facebook likes. We have mentioned below, not one or two, but more than 15 strategies to help you out. To learn these strategies, implement them and increase your Facebook page likes.
- Email your contacts: This is the most basic yet highly effective method. After you create your Facebook page, share it with all your immediate contacts like relatives, friends, team members, employees, etc. Send an email containing the link to the Facebook page. Ask them to follow or Like the page.
- Conduct giveaways for fans of your Facebook Page: This is another highly effective technique. Try to conduct a small contest or giveaway and give free gifts to people who like your Facebook page. You can give something physically like a gift hamper or something like a special discount coupon.
- Share the page in your own network: This is another must-implement strategy. When you own the Facebook page, why not promote it across your own social media profile or network? Share the link with others and most of your friends will definitely like your page.
- Add Facebook page link to your visiting card: What do you generally add in your visiting card? Name, designation, address, email, website, contact info? Apart from these, also don’t forget to add your Facebook page URL to your visiting card. People who get your visiting card may see it and visit the page.
- Incentivize people to like your page: This is another effective strategy that you can try. Offer incentives or freebies to people who like your page. People always like incentives and free stuff. So when they are getting those, they’ll like your page for sure.
- Ask people via text messages (SMS): You can also ask people to like your Facebook page by sending the text message to their cell phones. Most people access social networking sites via mobile. So they would be able to like the page quickly using the link in the SMS.
- Display Facebook page URL on all marketing material: Don’t forget to add your page URL on all your marketing and promotional stuff like flyers, brochures, banners, advertisements, etc. You don’t need to reserve too much space for it. You can add the link at a small but visible place in this material and that should do the work.
- Add Facebook like box to your website or blog: This is one of the best methods and a must-try one. You should always add Facebook like box to your website or blog so that visitors who visit it can like the Facebook page from the website itself. The procedure to add the box is pretty much easy and hassle-free.
- Add social sharing buttons on your blog or website: This is another must try the method. When you add social sharing buttons on your blog or website, your readers or visitors can directly share the content on social networks. This helps to get more visibility to your Facebook page and in turn, get more likes.
- Post-top-notch content on your page: It’s always said that- “Content is the king”. People always like and remember good content. Always post top-notch content on your page. Content must be useful for your existing fans and should prompt them to share it in their own network. This will further increase the visibility of your page and in turn, help you to get more likes.
- Promote the page in your newsletter: Do you have an email list of subscribers? Do you send them newsletters on a regular basis? In that case, don’t forget to promote your Facebook page in the newsletter. Add a link, tell your subscribers about it and ask them to like the page.
- Drop comments on other Facebook pages: This is another good strategy. There is a possibility that people who will like your page must have already liked some other pages in a similar niche. You can post good quality comments on other Facebook pages similar to your niche. People might notice your comments on these pages and in the return visit your Facebook page as well.
- Blog Commenting: This is similar to the above step. The only thing is, you need to post comments on blogs instead of Facebook pages. However, take care of 2 things. Firstly, post insightful & top quality comments only and not just namesake comments. The comments should add value to the existing posts/articles and should be of interest to the readers. Secondly, post comments only on those blogs which are related to your niche. Don’t mindlessly post comments on each and every blog.
- Share graphics & videos with watermark: Whenever you share graphics, images, and videos on your Facebook page, make sure you watermark them if they are original and your own creation. This will prevent unauthorized reuse of the material by others. You can add watermark yourself or make use of tools available for that purpose online.
- Share the Facebook page URL on your Youtube channel: If you have your Youtube channel or if you upload videos on Youtube, make sure you add a link to your Facebook page in the description. This will enable the video viewers to visit your Facebook page and become a fan if they like it.
- Create a short easy URL for your Facebook page: This is another technique. Make sure you create a short and easy to remember URL of your Facebook page. This makes it easy to share as well as remember. Some of the popular URL shorteners are bit.ly, goo.gl, etc.
- Add your Facebook page to page directories: This is another alternative you can try. Page directories, as the name suggests, are directories that contain links to various Facebook pages. You can add your own Facebook page to these page directories. A quick search online should give you some top page directories online.
- Display the page URL in your Email signature: Give a link to the Facebook page in your email signature. As a result, whenever you email the recipient will also find your Facebook page link in your email signature. Another tip here- Don’t just add your Facebook page link in the email signature. Add other social media links as well. It will help you get more subscribers/fans on other social platforms as well.
- Get more likes from the cover picture on your page: A picture can express more than thousands of words. Make sure you have an attractive cover photo. People having a look at your page will first look at the cover photo. Pages that have high-quality good cover photos generate more likes. So make sure you pay close attention to this factor without fail.
I have covered all sorts of methods and strategies in this post above. These strategies will definitely help you to effectively increase your Facebook likes. Try out these tips and let me know how they helped you. If you are aware of any other strategies apart from the ones mentioned above, do share it with our readers via your valuable comments.
Also, don’t forget to ‘Like’ our Facebook page so that you don’t miss out on any important articles and also stay in touch.